This dish is a combination of sweet potato, quince, parsnip, white cabbage and raisins, spiced with curry powder. If you are not a fan of parsnip, you can replace it with more quince. Optionally, you could use cheese as a topping. In that case, serve with small pieces of mozzarella or brie on top of the dish.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings
- 700gr sweet potato
- 3 quinces
- 2 parsnips
- two handful of raisins
- one third of a white cabbage
- basil, parsley, pepper, curry powder, turmeric powder
- a bit of olive oil
- a bit of lemon juice
Ingrediënten voor 4-6 porties (Dutch)
- 700gr zoete aardappel
- 3 kweeperen
- 2 pastinaken
- twee handjes rozijnen
- één derde van een wittekool
- basilicum, peterselie, peper, kerriepoeder, kurkuma poeder
- een scheutje olijfolie
- een scheutje citroensap
- Cut the sweet potato in small pieces. Add some olive oil, basil, parsley, pepper and mix. Leave this marinate while you cut the other vegetables.
- Cut the white cabbage, quinces and parsnips in small pieces. Add a bit of lemon juice to the quince and parsnip so they don’t loose their colour.
- Cook the sweet potato for a few minutes.
- Add the quince, parsnip and white cabbage and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins and basil, parsley, pepper, curry powder, turmeric powder.
- Optionally: serve with some small pieces of mozarella or brie as topping.