These are the best healthy carrot cake muffins I have ever tasted. It took a while before I got the recipe optimized, but here it is. You can make it either as a cake or as muffins. I love it when carrot cake has dark dough, when you can taste the nuts (that’s why I’ve included the hazelnut flour) and when it is very rich in ingredients (goji berries, hazelnuts, raisins). If you like these things as well, you will love this recipe.
Season: summer, autumn, winter, spring
Ingredients for a small cake or 6 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 100gr almond flour
- 60gr roasted hazelnut flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 75gr shredded carrots (roughly 1 carrot)
- handful of raisins
- handful of dried goji berries
- handful of hazelnuts
- 3 teaspoons of ginger
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- bit of salt
Ingrediënten voor een kleine cake of 6 muffins (Dutch)
- 3 eieren
- 100gr amandelmeel
- 60gr geroosterd hazelnootmeel
- 2 theelepels bakpoeder
- 1 eetlepel honing
- 75gr worteljulienne (ongeveer 1 wortel)
- handvol rozijnen
- handvol gedroogde goji bessen
- handvol hazelnoten
- 3 theelepels gember
- 3 theelepels kaneel
- beetje zout
- Shred the carrots with a peeler and chop the hazelnuts in smaller pieces.
- Mix the eggs.
- Add the almond flour, hazelnut flour, baking powder, salt, honey, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add the carrots, raisins, goji berries and hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven on 180 degrees. A pricker should come out dry.