This mashed butternut squash with winter vegetables recipe is truly amazing. The mashed butternut is delicious together with some cheese and tarragon. Serve this together with some winter vegetables such as mushrooms and salsify. And finally, add a fresh taste to it by using winter purslane. I can guarantee you this dish will be a success!
Season: autumn, winter
Ingredients for 2 servings
- block of 150gr Comté cheese (or similar hard cheese)
- half a butternut
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- winter purslane
- 150gr mushrooms
- 350gr salsify
- fresh tarragon
- some lemon juice
- little bit of milk
- pepper, basil, rosemary, parsley, paprika powder
Ingrediënten voor 2 porties (Dutch)
- blok van 150gr Comté (of een gelijkaardige harde kaas)
- halve flespompoen
- 2 teentjes knoflook
- 1 ui
- 150gr paddenstoelen
- 350gr schorseneren
- verse dragon
- een beetje citroensap
- klein beetje melk
- peper, basilicum, rozemarijn, peterselie, paprikapoeder
- Chop the butternut in small pieces (don’t throw away the pumpkin pits!). Chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms in small pieces.
- Grate the cheese.
- Cut off the root ends of the salsify and peel of the outer skin. Chop in pieces of 1cm wide. Add them to a bowl of water with some lemon juice.
- Add some olive oil in a pot and add the butternut pieces. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add some olive oil in another pot and bake the garlic and onion. Add some paprika powder and bake for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and salsify to the onions and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and a little bit of milk to the butternut squash and mash it.
- Add the winter purslane to the vegetables.
- Add some pepper, basil, rosemary, parsley and the fresh tarragon to the mashed butternut squash.
- Add some pepper, basil, rosemary and parsley to the vegetables and serve. You can keep the mashed butternut squash and vegetables separate or add it all together.