I love the combinations of tastes in this dish. The roasted beetroot goes along perfectly with arugula, green onion and red lentils, and on top of that I used a somewhat salty type of feta. For the lovers, it also goes perfectly with fresh pieces of apple. I used red lentils from Turkey for this dish.
Season: summer, autumn, winter, spring
Ingredients for 2 portions
- 3 medium-sized beetroots (450gr)
- 220gr red lentils
- green onion
- 150gr feta
- clove of garlic
- pepper, salt, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary
- a bit of olive oil
Ingrediënten voor 2 porties (Dutch)
- 3 middelgrote rode bieten (450gr)
- 220gr rode linzen
- 150gr feta
- teentje knoflook
- peper, zout, tijm, marjolein, basilicum, rozemarijn
- een beetje olijfolie
- Cook the beetroots in boiling water for about one hour. They are ready when a fork cuts easily through them.
- Remove the peel of the beetroots and squeeze out the liquid as much as possible. Cut the beetroot in small pieces, add it to an oven dish with some pepper, salt, olive oil and rosemary. Roast in an oven on 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cut the green onion and garlic in small pieces.
- Cook the lentils in boiling water.
- Add some olive oil to a pan and add the garlic and green onion. After a few minutes, add the pieces of beetroot and the lentils.
- Add the arugula and spices.
- Serve with pieces of feta (and optionally pieces of apple).