It’s asparagus season, yay! This time we are not going for a classical asparagus dish, but we are going to use them in mashed potatoes. I prepared mashed potatoes with broccoli, added green asparagus, together with pieces of onion, dried cranberries and pine nuts. The combination of the soft mashed potatoes, asparagus and cranberries is truly delicious!
Season: spring, summer
Ingredients for 2-3 portions
- 2 onions
- 60gr pine nuts
- 100gr dried cranberries
- 1 broccoli
- 500gr green asparagus
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- pepper, salt, rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano, nutmeg
- optionally: some milk
Ingrediënten voor 2-3 porties (Dutch)
- 2 uien
- 60gr pijnboompitten
- 100gr gedroogde veenbessen
- 1 broccoli
- 500gr groene asperges
- 1kg aardappelen
- 1 teentje knoflook
- peper, zout, rozemarijn, tijm, peterselie, oregano, nootmuskaat
- optioneel: een beetje melk
- Remove the peel from the potatoes and cook them for 30 minutes in boiling water. (add some salt to the water).
- Chop the onions in big pieces. Chop the garlic in small pieces. Chop the broccoli and asparagus in small pieces (for the asparagus take pieces of 2-3cm).
- In the last 10 minutes before the potatoes are ready, cook the broccoli and asparagus for 6 minutes in boiling water (also add some salt here).
- At the same time, cook the onion and garlic.
- Drain the potatoes. Take a big pot, add the potatoes with (optionally) some milk and mash them. Drain the broccoli and asparagus. Add the big pieces of broccoli, chop them in smaller pieces and mash them together with the potatoes.
- Add the asparagus, pine nuts, cranberries and spices to the mashed potatoes.